You may be eligible to file for a waiver on certain grounds of inadmissibility based on the extreme hardship your qualified relative will experience if you are not admitted to the United States. Your waiver will be approved if you can provide strong evidence that your relative will experience extreme hardship either in the U.S. (if you were not allowed to come to or stay in the U.S.) or in your home country (if your relative follows you there). Extreme hardship has been defined to mean hardship that is greater than what your relative would normally experience if you were not allowed to come to or stay in the United States. It is not enough, therefore, to show that your relative will miss you, because this would be expected under any type of separation.

There is no specific law or regulation that defines what constitutes a “normal” versus an “extreme” hardship, which means that the evidence for each waiver application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There are many different forms of hardship that may be considered extreme. Before you submit your application for hardship waiver to U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services (USCIS), you should consult with someone who has considerable experience in extreme hardship to evaluate your case and make the appropriate recommendations and referrals for assistance.

I-918 U-VISA

The U visa is a nonimmigrant visa available for victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity. The applicant must be a victim of a certain crime and be willing to assist law enforcement in the prosecution of the criminal activity. The type of crime may include physical or sexual assault, murder, human trafficking, extortion, stalking, or other criminal activities and the crime must have occurred in the U.S. The applicant must have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of the criminal activities. After three years of continuous physical presence in the U.S. you may then be able to become a lawful permanent resident.

Many immigrants have lost thousands of dollars to attorneys and health providers that provide poor or inadequate services leading to rejection of their applications and again having to spend the time and money again in hopes of finding experienced professionals to properly help them with their appeal.

Although now retired from practice, Dr. Hopper has had many years of helping individuals from many different countries obtain their hardship waivers and U visas. He is able to guide you as to how to make your case as strong as possible and can provide you with referrals to ethical and competent legal representation as well as medical or mental health resources to complete the necessary documentation of your claims.    CALL FOR ASSISTANCE:

If you are related to an undocumented immigrant or have been the victim of a crime, contact:

Dr. David Hopper
4550 Oakey Blvd, Suite 103
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
(702) 528-0066